WHAT IS THIS VIDEO GAMES BARCELONA EVENT AKA GAMELAB BARCELONA??
Gamelab Barcelona is the most important video games event for the video games industry and interactive entertainment companies and projects in the European video games sector, with special attention to those ones in an early stage of development. Gamelab Barcelona serves as an effective hub for local companies looking to expand their business globally. Spain is currently the sixth biggest market in the world when it comes for using videogames and the fourth biggest market in Europe. Not to forget the fun part, people are able to try some of the new games during this video games Barcelona event.
Following the success from previous Gamelab Barcelona, this year is going to be the 9th edition of this video games event where 3 of them are held in Barcelona. From the 26th of June to 28thof June 2013, Gamelab Barcelona will reunite the main international creators and gurus of the video games industry to analyze the latest creative, technological and business trends of the moment, and to give a prediction how the very near future of digital entertainment will be and how people will live in it. The Gamelab Barcelona 2013 will be held at the Filmoteca de Catalonia in Barcelona and is expected to be attended by over 1500 professionals, 200 game companies, 150 journalists, 20 countries, and 10 000 casual visitors (consumers).
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS WILL TAKE PLACE DURING THE 3 DAYS LONG GAMELAB BARCELONA 2013:
– Games & Digital Entertainment Conference: Top creators from all around the world analyze the technical, creative and business trends in today’s world.
– Technical and Business Bootcamps and Workshops: A closer approach to specific technical and strategic knowledge offered in an exclusive selection of seminars, workshops and bootcamps feauturing experts and highly recognized global firms.
– Business Meetings: Business matching tool of Gamelab Barcelona allows participants to gain visibility for their companies and projects, and to find out in advance which potential partners and clients will be attending the show.
– Games & Digital Entertainment Showcase: Companies exhibit their latest games, products and services during this video games Barcelona event to the audience, the participants of the business meetings and the press.
– Game Industry Awards Night: A two hours exclusive show and party where the professional community celebrates the best games and projects showed at Gamelab Barcelona
– Networking Events & Parties: Gamelab Barcelona offers a program of exciting networking and social events to make a remarkable experience to everyone. This is a great opportunity to share something else more than just work.
– PR & Marketing Actions: Gamelab Barcelona offers several opportunities for those companies looking to connect and improve their visibility towards consumers, as they are one of the most followed industry events in Europe.
Most of the attendees come from all around Europe where English is the main language of the event, but conferences are also translated to Spanish during the Gamelab Barcelona. This will make it more accessible for the local audience and visitors from Latin America.