The 2016 Game Developers Conference is fast approaching, and the organizers of the event have announced 10 developers who will compete in a GDC pitch event at GDC Play. The GDC Play will show emerging and independent developers and their games. Developers will exhibit their pitching skills in front of a panel of expert judges as well as a live audience. The GDC pitch will be Wednesday and Thursday, March 16 and March 17, 2016. Jason Della Rocca, with investment platform Execution Labs, will host the event. The 10 developers will go through pitch prep and training and then get five minutes to pitch their ideas. After the five minutes, the judges will ask them questions, give advice and provide feedback. The judges will then announce a “Best Pitch” on each day and then award each pitch a pass to GDC 2017. Here is the list of developers for each day:
Wednesday, March 16 – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- COFA Games (“Awakening of Heroes”)
- Zing Games (“Zombie Rollerz”)
- CtrlMovie (“Late Shift – Your Decisions Are You”)
- Agens Game (“Skate Lines”)
- Apelab (“Sequenced”)
Thursday, March 17 – 12:45 to 1:45 p.m.
- Phantom Compass (“Auto Age: Standoff”)
- Hyper Games (“Redux”)
- Alawar Entertainment (“Goliath”)
- Rocket 5 Studios (“Kitty Disastrous”)
- Antagonist (“Through the Woods”)