Do you want to join a team that’s focused on promoting game industry events? We’re looking for volunteers to cover game cons, fanfests and other events. We need people throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Coordinate with an editor to cover an event using the following means:
- Write a pre-coverage story about an event and what you expect, what you’re going to check out, etc.
- Take lots of pictures with captions and identifiers if possible; these should be posted on social media.
- Post on social media:
- For Facebook: Lots of photos with captions and identifiers if possible.
- For Twitter: Picking at least one part of the event to tweet. If it’s a short event, tweet the whole thing; if it’s longer, tweet about what you’re attending (walking the floor, listening to a panel, etc.)
- Create videos for E4G’s YouTube channel: Interviews with celebrities and other various people; simple shots of the crowds or whenever photos may not do something justice.
- Write an article that sums up the event and your experience.
- Access to the events
- Experience for resumes and examples for portfolios
- Access to VIP events/after-parties
- Opportunities for one-on-one interviews with people you want to meet
If writing isn’t your thing but you still want to help, please contact us with your experience and what you have in mind for your contribution. We’d love to have you on board.
Thanks in advance!