As we round the one-month-to-go mark before the return of the Austin Game Conference (AGC), the conference news mill is churning out plenty of updates, from keynotes, to partner events, to parties and more. Direct from the organizer via email, here’s all the news that’s fit to cut ‘n’ paste:
1. Jamil Moledina, Games Strategic Lead, Google Play will deliver the September 22 opening keynote. We’re very excited to hear Google’s vision in this new world of always-on games.
2. The September 21 opening night party sponsored by EA takes place at Buffalo Billiards starting at 6:30 p.m. Enjoy great networking with two floors of games. Plus, TheWaveVR will be preforming! Your AGC badge gets you in.
3. We’ve added new speakers from Valve, XEODesign, IBM, VREAL, uGen World, Electric Hat Games, EZ Mobile and Ghost Machine VR. In total, 80 speakers will present at AGC.
4. Pre-show party, (September 20) the Intel Game Developer Showcase, is a fun night filled with networking, hands-on demos and food and beverage. Your name will be on the list at the door.
7. If you know anyone who hasn’t registered for AGC yet, please let them know that early registration ends August 31. They can still register now and save $200 off the onsite price.
Events for Gamers is a partner with the Austin Game Conference, so we can share a discount code for those folks in the industry interested in attending. Use the discount code “EFGVIP” for 10 percent off when signing up on top of early registration savings, which ends at the end of August.