Out of this mass shuffling of normal event expectations, we’ve also seen a number of events go online. Whether this is a temporary move or perhaps a new trend that continues beyond current world concerns, remains to be seen. We can say that it’s already forced upon us a wave of innovation to an industry that’s already on the bleeding edge of new tech.
Here are the events of 2020 that have gone online. We’ve also placed a note next to each that states whether it’s always been online or is online specific to recent events.
2020 ONLINE EVENTS (Updated on 3/30/2020)
- MAR 27-29: Stay Safe! Jam 2020 (Newly Online)
- MAR 30-31: Indie Game Business 2020 (Originally Online)
- MAR 30-APR 3: MIPTV Online (Online)
- APR 1-3: GamiFIN 2020 (Newly Online)
- APR 6-10: Pocket Gamer Connects Digital 2020 (Originally Online)
- APR 24-27: LudoNarraCon (Online)
- APR 25-27: GMIC Live (Online)
- APR 28-29: GamesBeat Summit 2020 (Newly Online)
- MAY 5-6: VRX Immersive Enterprise (Newly Online)
- MAY 14-15: DevGAMM Moscow 2020 (Newly Online)
- MAY 18-22: Online Job Fair for Students & Gamers (Originally Online)
- MAY 27-29: Augmented World Expo (Newly Online)
Events for Gamers focuses on conferences and conventions, so we’re sure we’ve missed dozens of other online game industry events and gatherings out there.
Is there an online event in 2020 or beyond that we don’t have in the list? Let us know. We will be actively updating this page with new events.