- This event has passed.
Neurotech Gaming 2020
July 18, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - July 19, 2020 @ 2:30 pm PDT
What if you could connect your brain and body to a video game? Keyboard, mouse, game pad – these are the control devices we’ve used for decades to play games. But as useful as they are, they still have many limitations. A video game doesn’t know if you are interested or bored with it, if you are learning or not, if we you are distracted or focused and you still need to remember complex key combinations.
To improve the gaming experience, companies shift their development towards Brain-Computer Interfaces. This technology allows to approach the next questions:
- What if games could adapt its environment based on your thoughts and emotions?
- What if you could communicate with your teammates using your brain and thoughts alone and act as one organism?
- What if you could not only see and hear the gaming environment but also experience the tactile feelings like bullets shots or touching (think Ready Player One)
- We all had experience with chat-bots that often feel very artificial. What if NPCs could understand how you feel and base their interactions on it, eventually becoming more real and human-like?
- What if your enemies could learn from you and dynamically change their behavior to keep the gaming experience much more engaging?
- And finally, what if you couldn’t tell the difference between a reality and a game?