About Events For Gamers
Whether you are an event coordinator, game developer, press reporter, dedicated fan, or simply curious about game industry events, Events For Gamers has the latest event updates for you in one easy to peruse location. Not only is the site an information resource, but also a vibrant community across multiple social networks.
To help everyone keep connected and meet each other during events, we announce event news on all social networks as it is released by event sites. If you are only interested in a certain event, simply click on the event link on the left menu column to learn more about that type. Upcoming event dates, locations, speakers, and other information are often listed as well.
If you have a suggestion on how to improve Events For Gamers to fit your needs, or would like to be a leader in the community, we are happy to hear from you!
Who Events For Gamers Is For
* Advertise your event through our promotional system
* Promote your event by submitting news for us to feature
* Find developers and press that are interested in your event
* Explore events your company may wish to market their products at
* Meet colleagues and business partners to discuss events of interest
* Track and monitor news related to your company’s games
* Explore events you or your company may wish to cover
* Meet colleagues and discuss the latest game news from the events
* Track and monitor news you may wish to disseminate to your communities
* Get the latest news and game information on the latest events
* Learn more about casual events in your area
* Meet fellow gamers and discuss current and upcoming events
About The Events
Conferences are geared more toward industry professionals and generally closed to the public. They may have expo halls, but the bulk of the event consists of speakers, meeting rooms, roundtables, and other discussion platforms.
Summits are similar to conferences but tend to be shorter and/or more focused on a specific theme, such as; phones, MMO games, online media, marketing, etc. Summits are often closed to the public, but may be more open to those wanting to attend if they can gain permission.
Conventions are expo hall focused with a variety of products that have at least some substance in the gaming industry. There may conference type of content, but this is generally light. They are usually not open to the public, but have a strong media presence that tends to draw public interest.
Fan Events can have expo floors like conventions but are often focused on a wider range of themes. They are much more receptive to the public and often focused on a specific game or company.
Other Events are those events that do not quite fit into any of the other categories. Some of these events may not have a direct relationship with the game industry, but support it in other ways. For example, Computex and its focus on computer hardware for gamers.
Events For Gamers Staff
Events For Gamers, E4G for short, was founded and is currently directed by Mathew Anderson. His team’s goal is to research and collect news on all game industry related events in an effort to focus this information in a easy to find location, here at Events For Gamers.
> Community Manager, Founder: Mathew Anderson
> Contributing Editor: Paul Philleo
> News Editor: Josh Daniels
> Web Development: Andy Esser
> Consultant: Sarah Woody
Want to learn more about Events For Gamers, have an idea to help the game event community, or wish to participate by help developing our site, please Contact Us. We would love to hear from you!
- Events For Gamers Team